Ways to Give
Each year, GHA Autism Supports continues to advance its vision of creating environments where people of all ages with ASD are understood, valued and given opportunities to grow individually, as well as contribute to the community. With the challenging economic environment and the reductions in Medicaid funding, our private fundraising efforts have become all the more important. There are numerous ways in which you can invest in the supports that we provide to individuals with autism throughout the year:
Make a gift to GHA Autism Supports
GHA Autism Supports is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization with Federal Tax ID number 56-1218105. All donations are 100% tax deductible to the extent of the federal tax laws.
1) Give simply by making an on-line donation through PayPal. GHA Autism Supports utilizes PayPal for secure donations, accepting all major credit cards.
2) Mail your contribution check to GHA Autism Supports, P.O. Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002. Donations for the Wilmington area may be mailed to GHA Autism Supports, P.O Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406.
3) We will also accept credit card information over the phone. Please contact Chief Development Officer Beth Olivieri at (704) 982-9600, ext. 125.
Memorials and Honorariums
Memorials and honorariums are a wonderful way to remember and honor friends and loved ones. Contributions of any amount can be made “In Honor of” or “In Memory of” special individuals to you. Just note that on your contribution and GHA Autism Supports will notify the appropriate recipients of your donation per your instructions.
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match charitable contributions made by their employees and retirees. The impact of your gift may be doubled or possibly tripled if your employer has such a program.
Consider a Pledge
Pledges can be made in any amount and GHA Autism Supports is happy to honor your billing preference on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis. Please contact Chief Development Officer Beth Olivieri at (704) 982-9600, ext. 125 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to make those arrangements.
Invest in our future by making a gift towards our endowment funds
GHA Autism Supports is pleased to partner with the Foundation For The Carolinas, a non-profit corporation created by and for the people of the Carolinas. Established as a community foundation, Foundation For The Carolinas assists individuals, families, nonprofits and corporations make a positive impact on their communities. As a public charity, the Foundation offers favorable tax treatment for gifts and a variety of giving methods to help people achieve their charitable goals. Currently, the Foundation For The Carolinas manages two endowment funds established for the future benefit of GHA Autism Supports:
- The Foundation for Long-Term Care of Aging Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (Fund #2086)
- Autism Endowment Fund (Fund #1857)
Click on the links above to learn more about each fund and how you can make a difference.
You may contribute any of the following assets to either endowment fund:
Publicly Traded Securities
Mutual Fund Shares
Tangible Personal Property
Life Insurance Policies
Retirement Assets (IRAs, retirement plans, etc.)
Business Interests (non-publicly traded or closely held stock, partnership interests, etc.)
Gift acceptance is subject to Board approval and must meet criteria.
Car Donations to GHA Autism Supports
Donate your car, boat, truck, RV, Jet Ski or snowmobile to GHA Autism Supports and receive a tax deduction. This no cost, no hassle process begins when you contact our fundraising partner, Donation Line LLC at 877-227-7487. Make sure to ask for our extension 2977. Or you can click here “Donate Car” to donate online now.
GHA Autism Supports is always in need of community volunteers for a variety of programs. Please contact Staff Development Coordinator Beth Irvin at (704) 982-9600, ext. 120 or by email at email@example.com to inquire.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
GHA Autism Supports continues to keep the health and safety of all individuals supported and employees at the core of all decision making. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- All group meetings have transitioned to utilizing conferencing systems.
- Strict visitation guidelines are in effect at all programs.
- We encourage temporarily replacing in-person visitation with telephonic communication to limit exposure at all sites.
- Second Street Sundries is currently offering curbside pick-up and ordering through the online system.
- We will continue to monitor all updates, and update this information accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
213 N. Second Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
PO Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002
PO Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406
Phone: (704) 982-9600
Fax: (704) 982-8155
Phone: (910) 769-1046
Fax: (910) 399-1780
GHA Autism Supports is licensed by the Division of Health Service Regulation of the North Carolina Department of Human Resources. In addition, GHA Autism Supports is nationally accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). ICF/MR homes are certified by the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. GHA Autism Supports is affiliated with the Division TEACCH program at UNC-CH, the Autism Society of North Carolina and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Community-Based ICF/MR and CAP providers and the North Carolina Providers Council.