Since 1978, GHA Autism Supports has served individuals from across North Carolina with Autism Spectrum Disorder. A group of parents in Stanly County seeking supports for their children secured funding for the opening of the first children’s residence in the late seventies. Since that time, GHA has expanded offering a number of services for individuals with autism. GHA Autism Supports has grown from an organization serving five children to an organization that currently supports nearly 100 individuals in over multiple programs providing residential, vocational, educational, community and in-home services. GHA Autism Supports is recognized as a model community for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder and hosts visitors from all over the world who are interested in using similar practices in their native countries.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
GHA Autism Supports continues to keep the health and safety of all individuals supported and employees at the core of all decision making. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- All group meetings have transitioned to utilizing conferencing systems.
- Strict visitation guidelines are in effect at all programs.
- We encourage temporarily replacing in-person visitation with telephonic communication to limit exposure at all sites.
- Second Street Sundries is currently offering curbside pick-up and ordering through the online system.
- We will continue to monitor all updates, and update this information accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
213 N. Second Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
PO Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002
PO Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406
Phone: (704) 982-9600
Fax: (704) 982-8155
Phone: (910) 769-1046
Fax: (910) 399-1780
GHA Autism Supports is licensed by the Division of Health Service Regulation of the North Carolina Department of Human Resources. In addition, GHA Autism Supports is nationally accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). ICF/MR homes are certified by the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. GHA Autism Supports is affiliated with the Division TEACCH program at UNC-CH, the Autism Society of North Carolina and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Community-Based ICF/MR and CAP providers and the North Carolina Providers Council.