Morrow Valley Farmstead
Morrow Valley Farmstead brings together, for the first time all in one place, the healing forces of nature, man, medicine, science, and technology to create for each individual, a world that is uniquely theirs, one that includes all things necessary for their security, comfort, and happiness. Morrow Valley Farmstead will provide specialized services for aging individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities with a focus on age related developmental and physical needs, and care for chronic and/or debilitating medical conditions.
Morrow Valley Farmstead includes 24-hour health care services, telemedicine, progressive digital technology, electronic monitoring, and whole-person coordinated care. Morrow Valley is located on 50 beautiful and spacious acres at the base of Morrow Mountain. The facility has been designed especially for people with disabilities that need specialized medical care.
Morrow Valley Farmstead residents will have the opportunity to age gracefully and comfortably in an inspiring home environment that is customized for their unique needs and interests. Out of home medical treatment will be reduced by utilizing state of the art technology and in home care.
Goal: GHA has worked jointly with State Developmental Centers over the years to successfully discharge numerous individuals from State Developmental Centers to community residential homes. GHA Autism Supports is now seeking collaboration with Center personnel to identify aging individuals with ASD or other developmental disabilities that also have chronic medical conditions, who may be candidates for Morrow Valley Farmstead. This first group of residents and families will have a unique opportunity to shape this first of its kind community facility.
GHA will work in conjunction with Center personnel to host informational sessions about Morrow Valley for individuals and guardians to make them aware of this innovative program for aging adults with disabilities.
Morrow Valley Farmstead Admission Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicant must be > 18, preference is Age > 35 years old
- Applicant must have a Developmental Disability Diagnosis, preferably Autism.
- Applicant should be deemed “Non-Ambulatory” as defined by life safety code (i.e. can’t self-evacuate).
- Applicants must include Individuals with Chronic Debilitating medical conditions that require extensive medical/nursing support services.
- Applicants will NOT be accepted if the individual exhibits challenging behaviors that exhibit a risk to other residents.
- Morrow Valley Farmstead’s will be able to accommodate individuals requiring:
- Continuous oxygen delivery
- Scheduled nebulizer treatments
- Intravenous medication administration
- IV fluid administration
- TPN nutrition and/or nutrition & medication administration via feeding tubes
- Administration of medications that require physical assessments or monitoring of lab work prior to administration
- Routine, and as needed, detailed body system assessments by RNs to monitor individuals neurologic, cardiac, respiratory, GI/GU systems
- Individuals requiring Long term care and/or Palliative Care service needs
- Limited pre-vocational and vocational skills & stamina
Additional Morrow Valley Farmstead Information:
- GHA Autism Supports does not utilize any form of restrictive intervention or devices at any site.
- This facility does not have an affiliated offsite day program or program to actively support employment.
- Click here for a Morrow Valley Farmstead Slideshow.
Grants and donations have been secured from numerous sources in the development of Morrow Valley Farmstead, including the following:
$10,000 & Up
Robert & Joyce Thompson
Chet & Elaine Gurski
Ramon, Eman & Alley Sundquist
Shawnee Sundquist, Billy Dunlap & Ellen Brooks
Raymond & Dawn Allen
Ann & Al Sadowsky
The Birchler Family
Diane & Bill Stevenson
Brenda & Phil Julian
Dale & Nancy Stittgen
Dale & Sherry Poplin
Debbie & Larry Wilson
Ann & Geoff Morrell
Mildred & Henry Julian
Larry & Martha Hupp
Stan & Annette Leggett
Mike & Lesley Graves
Kenny & Sherri Hood
The Ireland Family Foundation
The Cannon Foundation
Cardinal Innovations Healthcare
Craig & Ulla Skeffington
Greg & Katie Gurski
Thomas & Marie Southerland
Maureen & Rob Morrell
Denise & Greg Taber
$5,000 – $9,999
Mike & Carla Shinn
First Lutheran Church of Albemarle
Jack Fanning Memorial Foundation
Jeff & Linda Stewart
Nicholas & Bobbilynne Garner
In Honor of Eric Teer Mihalyi
In Memory of Mildred & Dillard Teer
Terri G. Meyers
West Mecklenburg Optimist Club
Todd & Tonda Forrest, In Memory of Michael Forrest
$1,000 – $4,999
The Cremisi Family
AstraZeneca BioPharmaceutical Company
Albemarle Rotary Club
Family of Kirby Moore
Brian & Stephanie Freeman
The Bynum Family
Gina & Roger Martin
Jan & Sue Martin
Michael X. & Ellen Morrell
Stanly County Community Foundation
Thomas & Michelle Kearns
Patrick & Clay Morrell
Greg & Carol Morrell
John & Lori Bullis
$500 – $999
Dr. Annette DuBard
Geoff & Beth Olivieri
Jeff & Janet Banks
Steve & Judy Smithmyer, In Honor of Adele Smithmyer
Medical Pipeline Solutions, Inc.
Nora & Brian Meldrum
Seven Oaks Doors & Hardware
The Stelter Family
$250 – $499
Bob & Gloria Bianchi
Eric & Beverly Roberts
Sharon and Jim LaRocco
Maureen & Bill Garrett
Michael & Elizabeth Morrell
Rotary Club of West Stanly
In Memory of Ann Zeller
In Honor of Cody Zeller-Townson
Brinn & Jeff Smith
Jim & Lori Ivey
Ryan, Jessica, Rylynn and Nolan McIntyre, In Memory of Michael Forrest
Includes all donations as of 03/10/2022
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
GHA Autism Supports continues to keep the health and safety of all individuals supported and employees at the core of all decision making. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- All group meetings have transitioned to utilizing conferencing systems.
- Strict visitation guidelines are in effect at all programs.
- We encourage temporarily replacing in-person visitation with telephonic communication to limit exposure at all sites.
- Second Street Sundries is currently offering curbside pick-up and ordering through the online system.
- We will continue to monitor all updates, and update this information accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
213 N. Second Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
PO Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002
PO Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406
Phone: (704) 982-9600
Fax: (704) 982-8155
Phone: (910) 769-1046
Fax: (910) 399-1780
GHA Autism Supports is licensed by the Division of Health Service Regulation of the North Carolina Department of Human Resources. In addition, GHA Autism Supports is nationally accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). ICF/IID homes are certified by the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. GHA Autism Supports is a member of the North Carolina Association of Community-Based ICF/IID and CAP providers and the North Carolina Providers Council.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, religion, sex, familial status, sexual orientation, and reprisal. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs).