CARF is an internationally recognized body that accredits health and human services organizations across the lifespan and the continuum of care. This organization’s primary mission is to promote quality programs and services which will enhance the lives of the persons served. In July 2018, CARF conducted a site visit to GHA Autism Supports’ programs. Based on this visit as well as review of extensive materials, GHA was awarded a three-year accreditation in the areas of Community Housing and Community Integration.
- Community Housing – addresses the desires, goals, strengths, abilities, needs, health, safety and life span issues, regardless of the home in which an individual resides and/or the scope, duration and intensity of the services they receive.
- Community Integration – helps persons to optimize their personal, social and vocational abilities to live successfully in their communities.
Our three-year accreditation is effective through February 2022, an extended deadline due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CARF has the option of accrediting an agency from a minimum of one year to a maximum of three years. Consequently, a three-year accreditation is a strong vote of confidence for a high quality, well-run program. Our latest accreditation is the fourth consecutive three-year term that this international accrediting body has awarded to GHA Autism Supports. This achievement is an indication of GHA’s dedication and commitment to improving the quality of the lives of the individuals we support and clearly indicates an established pattern of practice excellence. For more information, visit www.carf.org.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) Information
GHA Autism Supports continues to keep the health and safety of all individuals supported and employees at the core of all decision making. We have implemented the following safety measures:
- All group meetings have transitioned to utilizing conferencing systems.
- Strict visitation guidelines are in effect at all programs.
- We encourage temporarily replacing in-person visitation with telephonic communication to limit exposure at all sites.
- Second Street Sundries is currently offering curbside pick-up and ordering through the online system.
- We will continue to monitor all updates, and update this information accordingly. Thank you for your patience as we navigate these uncertain times.
213 N. Second Street, Albemarle, NC 28001
PO Box 2487, Albemarle, NC 28002
PO Box 4122, Wilmington, NC 28406
Phone: (704) 982-9600
Fax: (704) 982-8155
Phone: (910) 769-1046
Fax: (910) 399-1780
GHA Autism Supports is licensed by the Division of Health Service Regulation of the North Carolina Department of Human Resources. In addition, GHA Autism Supports is nationally accredited by Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). ICF/MR homes are certified by the North Carolina Division of Medical Assistance. GHA Autism Supports is affiliated with the Division TEACCH program at UNC-CH, the Autism Society of North Carolina and is a member of the North Carolina Association of Community-Based ICF/MR and CAP providers and the North Carolina Providers Council.